搜索
查看: 2464|回复: 0

燕姿新留言Lovely stuff的翻译

[复制链接]
发表于 2008-10-10 18:11 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
转自:http://stelart.blogspot.com/2008/10/abellovely-stuff.html
at 1:23 PM ·
(translated by Stelart, http://stelart.blogspot.com
Today I spent the whole afternoon making oxtail stew.

今天我花了整整一个下午去做焖牛尾。

First you heat up some olive oil in a casserole, fry some bacon cubes in this, add seasoned oxtail and brown them for a few minutes, taking care not to burn the bacon. Add carrots, leek, celery, sage, parsley and some red wine and oyster sauce. Let the alcohol bubble away, add water, cover it and let it stew in the oven for 3 and 1/2 hour.

首先要将橄榄油在沙锅里加热,后放入肉丝煎炒,再加上调过味的牛尾煎一段时间,注意不要把肉丝煎糊。然后加入胡萝卜,韭,西芹,鼠尾草,荷兰芹以及一些红酒和蚝油。让红酒沸腾蒸发掉后,加水直到漫过牛尾,再将牛尾在炉中炖三个半小时.

HOW CAN IT NOT TASTE NICE? Try cooking most meats for 3 hours at least and they all taste good.

它怎么可能不好吃呢?大部分肉做三个小时以上后都会十分美味的。

Serve it with mash potatoes.

和土豆泥一起端上餐桌吧。

I feel like Martha Stewart. In fact, I was just thinking about the most wonderful things in my life. Some of them aren't that accessible, but the simplest things that put a foolish grin on my face are actually readily available in stores!

我觉得我自己像是Martha Stewart(美国富婆,急功近利,后被判入狱,重返家庭后,开始无忧无虑的家庭主妇生活,但她注定是不平凡的女性,于是,“玛莎•斯图尔特家庭用品公司”诞生了,销售的产品几乎无所不包。2001年,公司年收入达近3亿美元,斯图尔特成为“全美第二大女富豪”。)。事实上,我刚刚在想我人生中最美好的事。他们有的并不是那么容易实现,但是有些最简单的事情,它们可以让我傻傻的裂开嘴笑,而且总是在那里触手可及。

YUP, unbelievable as it may seem for someone of my age and gender, I am a sucker for little material things.

是的,对于一些在我这个年纪的女性这似乎难以置信,我对这些小事物情有独钟。

Like stickers, and beautiful cards.

比如贴纸以及漂亮的卡片。

I will like to periodically share some items I love in this blog so that more people may partake in the same joy!

我很愿意在这个博客里定时的分享一些我喜欢的东西,这样感兴趣的人就可以分享到同样的乐趣了!

1. Swell Gel

Plant & Plant出品的一种凝胶

Plant n Planet
Level 3 Centrepoint Shopping Centre

Plant & Planet一家新加坡的公司
先得坊购物中心3层

Even before I started working, I remember walking into this rather nondescript place and oohing over the pure ingredients in their products. This very handy gel is good for insect bites, but I like to bring a little jar with me and use it when I feel hot and stuffy. The eucalyptus oil is refreshing and it has no unnatural ingredients such as mineral oils or parabens.

我记得就连我开始工作之前,(都会)去这个无可名状的地方并为他们产品中纯粹的成分感到惊讶。这种好用的凝胶对蚊虫叮咬很有效,不过我喜欢让自己的用法有所不同,在我感到很热和呼吸困难时用它。这种桉树油十分清爽而且不含有任何非自然的成分,比如矿物油或者甲苯酸酯类的添加剂。

2. Bioderma
(make up remover and moisturizer for sensitive skin)
Available at most guardian pharmacies

贝德玛 (卸妆洁肤水以及针对敏感皮肤的防敏修护霜)
在多数药店都有出售

This french brand is actually more popular than you think. I was recommended to use it by a HK chanteuse's make up artiste and found out that another TW chanteuse uses the same product. It removes make up gently and leaves no gross oily residue.

事实上这个法国品牌比你想象的要流行。它是一个香港歌手的化妆师推荐给我的,然后我又发现另一个台湾歌手也在用同样的产品。它可以温和的卸妆并且不会留下那些令人厌恶的油油的残余物。

The moisturizer was a lucky hit. Last week, I had an unexplainable allergy to everything in my closet. My eyes turned puffy, my skin broke into rashes and I felt stuffed and bloated. BUT WHAT'S A GIRL/MAN NAMED ABEL TO DO? So I took a shot at this moisturizer and my skin cells are ALL SUPER HAPPY. I can feel the cells drinking in this gentle skin loving cream.

那个防敏修护霜是一个幸运的偶然发现。上星期,我无法解释的对我橱柜里所有的东西过敏。我的眼睛浮肿起来,我的皮肤上突然出现皮疹,我感觉好像被填充并且肿胀起来一样。但是一个叫Abel的女生抑或是男士该怎么做呢?于是我尝试了这种防敏霜,它使我的皮肤细胞都变得超级快乐起来。我可以感受到细胞吸收这些温和的呵护皮肤的乳霜。

3.Egg Cartons
Available at most super markets/wet markets

纸质蛋托
在多数超市和菜市都有出售

These things are very handy when you are trying to plant stuff. They break down naturally, and therefore can be transfered straight to the soil with little distress that can occur from transferring the delicate saplings.

当你尝试种东西的时候这种东西十分有用。他们自然分解,因此在可以在转移中保护脆弱的树苗的同时可以直接转化为土壤

4.Water Bottle
Steal from your niece whatever

水壶
从亲戚家的小孩那里抢来

I got my pale greyish pink one from stella mc cartney for adidas. I like to make a bottle full of ice cold Ribena with a dash of organic apple cider every night before I sleep. It's my comfort drink.

我有一个stella McCartney为Adidas设计的浅灰粉的水壶。每晚睡觉前,我喜欢弄满满一瓶冰镇利宾纳和一点有机苹果酒混合的饮料。它使我感到安慰。

(Stella McCartney 著名时尚设计师http://www.stellamccartney.com/
ok that's all I can think of right now. With the economic downturn and the streets of Singapore turning eerily quieter, one of these simple pleasures might just make your day a little brighter.

好了,这是目前我所能想到的所有东西。在这个经济低迷,新加坡的街道变得有点恐怖的安静的时期,这些简单的乐趣或许恰恰可以使你的日子变得好过一点。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员

本版积分规则

手机版|小黑屋|爱燕城

GMT+8, 2024-4-20 19:27

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表